In my adult life, I have turned into a lover of most things coconut. I used to despise coconut. In additional to these Coconut Cashew Oatmeal Cookies, I am making things like Triple Coconut Poke Cake and Coconut Chai Chocolate Chips Cookies. These cookies were inspired after my recent introduction to coconut covered cashews. I first found them at Trader Joe’s, and then most recently at Costco. The sweet and salty combination is unresistable. I have been working on a few variation of oatmeal cookies and I am excited to share this one with you today. This cookie is stuffed with coconut, cashews and white chocolate chips. They freeze well and stay soft once thawed! I took the bag on my recent vacation to the lake and they didn’t last long!
- 1 C (2 sticks) Unsalted butter
- 1 C Sugar
- ½ C Brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 tsp Coconut extract
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 ½ C All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 ½ C Oats
- 1 C Shredded coconut
- 1 C White chocolate chips
- 1 ½ C Cashews, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Soften butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Combine softened butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined; 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs, coconut and vanilla extract. Beat until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, quick oats, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine and slowly add into batter, mixing on low speed until dough starts to form.
- Add shredded coconut, chopped cashews and white chocolate chips. Mix until incorporated.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of dough onto a lined baking sheet for each cookie. Bake for 15-18 minutes until cookies start to turn light brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before moving onto a wire rack to cool.
This recipe was created by Julianne at Beyond Frosting:
You can find Beyond Frosting at: