These Raspberry Sweet Rolls are fantastic! A delicious raspberry cream cheese filling swirled in soft bread and topped with an incredible Cream Cheese Frosting.
Over the last few years, raspberries have stolen my heart. I absolutely adore them. My obsession with them actually started with my last pregnancy. I have always liked them but I feel in love with them while I was pregnant. Ever since, I haven’t been able to get enough.
I have actually had this recipe in the achieves since last August waiting for a good time to share them with you. As fruit is starting to get in season and taste more fresh and are more juicy and perfect, I figure now is as good as time as any :)
These Raspberry Sweet Rolls will become and instant favorite! The cream cheese raspberry filling is one for the record books. It is unbelievably delectable and the warm cream cheese frosting on top is the PERFECT finishing touch!
This will be one recipe you will want to make time and time again!
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 Tablespoons yeast
- 5½ to 6 cups flour
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups raspberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat milk, sugar, butter, and salt in a microwavable bowl until the butter is melted.
- Pour into a stand mixer and add yeast. Let stand until the yeast begins to activate.
- Slowly add flour until it is the right consistency. (Not too sticky)
- Cover and let stand until it doubles in bulk.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar and beat until creamy. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine raspberries, sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat the dough down and dump in onto working surface.
- Roll dough into a 15 x 20 inch rectangle.
- Spread the cream cheese filling over the dough evenly. Then spread the raspberry mixture over the cream cheese filling.
- Roll dough length wise and slice 1 inch thick and place onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 16 to 18 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Cool on cooling rack.
- Cream butter and cream cheese in a large bowl. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Frost Raspberry Sweet Rolls.