These Chicken Cordon Bleu Pastry Bites are absolutely HEAVENLY! Paired with a special sauce, these will be one appetizer your company can not get there hands off of!
It’s sport game season and the perfect time to get together with family and friends. We all know that with good company there needs to be good food. During any sport game, we prefer to have delicious finger foods ready and on hand that are easy to grab and chow down on.
These Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites are absolutely fantastic and a definite must try! I couldn’t stop myself from eating them. The dipping sauce is magical and compliments the flavors of these heavenly little bites perfectly.
Trust me, this is one recipe you don’t want to pass up on.
- 3 chicken breasts cut into 1½ inch peices
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 cups Panko
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 box puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and cut into thirds, making a total of 12 pieces
- 4 slices of deli ham, cut into thirds, making a total of 12 portions
- 6 slices of Swiss cheese, cut into four squares for a total of 24 squares
- 4 Tablespoons Grey Poupon mustard
- 6 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- In a small bowl add egg yolks, garlic, and salt. Mix well. Pour into a large zip-lock bag. Add chicken and marinate for 3 hours. You can marinate overnight.
- Place the Panko on a plate and mix in the ½ teaspoon salt.
- Heat a large skillet on the stovetop over medium high heat. Add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Dip each chicken bite into the PanKo and then place in the skillet.
- Cook the chicken 3 minutes on each side. Check to make sure they are cooked all the way through.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- On a flat working surface carefully open the puff pastry sheets and lay them open. Cut each sheet into six strips, making a total of 12 strips.
- Place 1 of the squares of cheese in the center of the strip. Next place 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese on the center of the cheese. Take one of the chicken nuggets and squish it onto the cream cheese. Next place 1 portion of the ham onto the chicken. Next place one of the bacon pieces. Top the bacon with another square of cheese.
- Roll the pastry around the chicken cordon bleu bite and pinch the seam firmly togeter. Place the seam side down on the cookie sheet. Repeat until you have made all 12.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 17 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with the honey mustard dipping sauce.
- Serve with honey mustard dipping sauce.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until smooth.