This is one flavor packed soup that is hearty and delicious! Loaded with vegetables and cheese, this is perfect for a chilly day!
It has been so cold where I live. Temperatures are hovering way below freezing and it takes all my best efforts to even want to leave my house. Soup is one thing my kids constantly request when it gets really cold outside. I decided to stray a little away from my typical go-to soups and this delicious creation was born.
I love how hearty and filling this soup is. This soup makes it so easy for me to enjoy my vegetables. They are cooked to soft and tender and the flavor of the creamy soup pairs perfectly with them.
If you are looking for a tasty new soup to throw into your rotation, give this recipe a try!
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup onions
- ¼ cup celery
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes, crushed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups diced and cooked potatoes
- 1 cup cooked and sliced carrots
- 1 cup cooked and chopped broccoli
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, boil water, (enough water to cover potatoes and carrots), and add potatoes, and carrots. Add salt to the water. Cook until tender. Add broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain vegetables and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and add onions, and celery. Cook until tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Add milk, chicken broth and crushed bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil. Add heavy cream and return to a boil. Stir in vegetables and return to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Stir until melted and serve.
- Top with extra cheese.