A delicious creamy and flavorful mixture spread over the top of french bread. It makes for an incredible crowd-pleasing appetizer!
It is ALMOST Super Bowl Sunday! It is one of mine and my husband’s favorite days of the year… mostly because of the food ;)
My husband’s favorite type of food are appetizers… particularly ones that are packed with cream cheese.
This is such an easy and delicious recipe that is sure to be a hit with all who try it! The spread on top of the french bread is such a wonderful bite that will become a new instant favorite!
- 1 loaf French Bread, sliced length-wise
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup diced green chilies
- ¾ cup La Victoria green taco sauce
- 1½ cups cooked and chopped chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, soften cream cheese for one minute in microwave. Remove and stir. Return to the microwave for 40 seconds. Remove and stir again. Add green chilies and green sauce and stir until smooth.
- Spread half of the mixture over each half of the bread.
- Sprinkle with chicken and top with cheese.
- Place bread on cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is heated through.
- Slice into 2 inch serving sizes.