This will be the BEST dessert you make this fall! The caramel-pumpkin combination is HEAVENLY! The cake is so moist and the caramel frosting is the perfect finishing touch!
Okay. Listen up.
If you make one pumpkin dessert this fall, let this one be it! This cake is out of this world AMAZING!
It is no secret that I am OBSESSED with sheet cakes. Pretty much, if you have thought it, even if you haven’t thought it, I have most likely made it.
There are probably a few others I have forgotten to mention and believe you me, I have quite a few more up my sleeve in the works!
How could I let fall pass me by without making a pumpkin sheet cake for you?! But what really knocks this pumpkin sheet cake out of the park and takes it to the next level, is the caramel frosting! It is INCREDIBLE and really brings the pumpkin to life!
This cake is moist, delicious and one of the best fall desserts I have EVER had! And that is saying something!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 15x10x1 inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine: pumpkin, sugar and oil and Mix well. Add eggs and beat again. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and mix well. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until done. Test by touching top of cake, when it springs back it is done. Cool on rack.
- While cake is cooling combine butter, cream and brown sugar in medium sauce pan. Stir over medium heat until mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat and cool for 6 minutes. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix well. Spread over cake.