Caramel Apple Sheet Cake… this delicious apple cake is perfectly moist and has caramel frosting infused in each and every bite! It is heavenly!
If I could tell you one fall dessert to make, this would be it!
This delicious apple cake is beyond moist and has caramel frosting infused in each and every bite. This cake literally melts in your mouth!
It makes enough to serve a crowd and is sure to be a huge hit with whoever tries it! We could not get enough of this cake! It is absolutely DIVINE!
Definitely put this on your must-make-fall-treats list! You will not regret it!
- 2 cups flour plus 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups peeled and chopped green apples
- ½ cup butter
- 6 Tablespoons milk
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ cup caramel sauce (I use caramel ice cream topping)
- In a large mixing bowl, measure flour, sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In medium sauce pan combine butter, water, and shortening. Bring to a boil. After mixture reaches a boil add it to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Add buttermilk, then baking soda, then eggs, then vanilla in that order, mixing in between each addition. Stir in apples.
- Pour into a 15x13 inch greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean from center. Let cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- While cake is cooling, make frosting by combining butter, and milk in a medium mixing bowl. Microwave until butter is melted. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and caramel sauce and stir until smooth. Pour frosting evenly over cooled cake.