Cocoa Pebble Marshmallow Treats
I LOVE no bake recipes in the summer that are super simple to throw together. We love a good rice krispy treat, but had some cocoa pebbles in the pantry and thought that would be a fun change!
The whole family loved the chocolate spin on the traditional treats. Plus we added some extra marshmallows that aren’t melted down and stay in their shape which made for some extra goodness in every bite.
If you want to do a spin on the classic favorite, try these out! Those that adore chocolate will love these!
- 1 (15 oz) box cocoa pebbles cereal
- 2 (10 oz) bags mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips plus
- 2 teaspoons shortening (or oil)
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter and 1½ bags of marshmallows; reserve the other half of the bag for later.
- When butter and marshmallows have melted together, add cocoa pebbles and stir.
- Cool one minute and stir in the rest of the marshmallows.
- Pour into a buttered 9x13 baking dish and press down. In a microwave safe bowl melt milk chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon shortening or oil. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment until melted and smooth. Do the same thing with white chocolate chips and remaining 1 teaspoon shortening or oil.
- Drizzle melted milk chocolate and white chocolate over the top of treats.
- Let set for 1 hour before cutting into.
Did you refrigerate these at all?
these are the first rice krispy treats I have made that haven't fallen apart. I even cut them up and put them in a big Ziploc and we took them on a trip and they didn't moosh together or break! Thank you!
Leave a Comment