As you know, I am a dip fanatic. My husband is even more of a dip fanatic.
As I was going over the dips on my blog, I realized I had yet to post a BBQ Chicken Dip… what????
That’s right, one of the classics has been neglected. It is time to set the world right.
Now, I wanted to put my own spin on traditional BBQ dip. I actually created this recipe a couple months ago, but have been waiting to post it. You see, one of my cute friends, Carrian from Sweet Basil, posted a similar recipe on her blog and I wanted to let hers stroll the web for a while first :) I created this without even seeing her’s, but her’s definitely looks yummy too!
Well today is your lucky day because the recipe is here and ready to be shared!… Just in time for the Super Bowl :)
This INCREDIBLE dip has red onion and Cilantro. The idea stemmed from this BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza which happens to be one of our family’s favorite easy dinners. That french bread pizza concept actually stemmed from a pizza at the California Pizza Kitchen. Which is also one of my hubbies top favorite pizzas of all times. Seriously, don’t doubt these flavors and ingredients for a split second. They blend and fuse to perfection. Trust me on this one.
One of his favorite pizzas turned into his favorite type of food… yeah, he was pretty much in dip heaven! Definitely give this one a try! It is sure to be the hit of the party!
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces softened cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1½ cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small skillet combine olive oil and red onion and saute until tender.
- In medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, garlic salt, chicken, barbecue sauce, shredded cheddar cheese and mayo and mix well. Stir in cilantro and red onion.
- Pour dip into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. I actually baked mine in a cast iron skillet but you can choose the type of dish you want.
- Garnish with barbecue sauce, red onion and chopped cilantro.
- Serve with toasted baguettes.