My family loves pizza. There are always smiling faces when there is pizza on our dinner table. My husband’s personal favorite is BBQ Chicken. For dinners in a crunch, I love to make french bread pizzas. You may remember this Spinach Chicken Alfredo French Bread Pizza from a while back. This recipe is in the same family but for all the BBQ lovers out there :)
You can easily adapt this recipe to accommodate to your preferences. For instance, I LOVE onion but my husband doesn’t, so I usually make one half of the french bread with onion and the other without.
If you are ever in a hurry for time, whip these up. The prep time is seriously 5-10 minutes and bake time is 15 minutes. You could easily have dinner ready and on the table in 20 minutes flat start to finish!
- 1 (1 lb) loaf french bread
- 1 (18 oz) bottle bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce, I love Sweet Baby Rays
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- 3-4 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut french bread loaf in half lengthwise.
- Pour half of the BBQ sauce on the top of one half of the french bread loaf and pour the other half of BBQ sauce on the second half of french bread.
- Evenly distribute 1 cup of shredded chicken onto each french bread half.
- Evenly sprinkle chopped onion between the two french bread halves.
- Evenly sprinkle cilantro over the tops of both halves of french bread.
- Evenly sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese onto each of the french bread loaf halves.
- Place french bread pizzas on cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and pizza is heated through.