A delicious blend of spices and seasonings that is perfect for one pound of ground beef. This recipe is perfection and will have everyone asking for more!
Taco Tuesdays are huge at my house. I have been using this recipe from All Recipes for years now, with a couple additions of course. In my own personal taste, I like when my taco season thickens up so I add cornstarch and water. Other than that, the spice measurements were perfect for each member of my family, kids included. Of course, if you want to cut down on heat, you can reduce or lesson the red pepper flakes.
My kids literally request this meal all the time. It is a favorite in our house and I am sure it will be in your home too. It is so simple to make. This great to have on hand and can be made with basic pantry ingredients!
Definitely give this recipe a try on your next taco night!
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ to ½ cup water
- Combine dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Brown ground beef until cooked through and juices run clear. Drain.
- Return cooked ground beef to skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle spice mixture over and add water. Stir to evenly mix and allow to cook until taco season mixture thickens and remove from heat.
- Serve warm.