This meal only requires one pot and is so simple to make! It is loaded with yummy ingredients and has such a delicious flavor!
School is almost out for my kiddos. Which means we are in crunch mode as classes, sports and dance come to an halt for summer. It seems like everything is finishing all at the same time which makes for some pretty hectic last few weeks.
When it gets like this, dinnertime can often get neglected, unless it is quick and easy. This One Pot Spinach Chicken Pasta is PERFECT for busy days. It only requires ONE POT to make and is ready in less than 30 minutes. I call this recipe a huge win.
Not only is it simple and quick but is packed and loaded with flavor and yummy ingredients!
I love spinach, mushroom and chicken together. To me, this is a rock star line up of ingredient players. It is drenched in such a flavorful and simple sauce.
This meal put a smile on everyone’s faces at the dinner table. So if you are on the hunt for a meal that fits into a rushed schedule without compromising on flavor, this is your recipe! Give it a try! You will be glad you did!
- 4 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups pasta, I like cellentani pasta
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons basil
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, heat oil. Once oil is heated, add chicken and cook chicken over medium high heat for about six minutes until almost done.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and cook for another 4 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Add pasta, water, salt, pepper and basil. Bring to a boil and cook until pasta is tender about 10 to 13 minutes. Water should be almost gone.
- Add spinach, cream and grated Parmesan and bring to simmer.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh Parmesan.