My kids LOVE their apple slices, as do me and my husband. We find ourselves sitting down to this fruit at snack time more often than not. I was browsing my grandmas cookbook the other day and stumbled upon this recipe for Caramel Apple Dip. I decided to put the recipe to the test and it turned out absolutely fantastic. My husband raved about how yummy it was. But who wouldn’t love a little sugar and caramel smeared on their apple?! I am not complaining one bit :)
Note: I usually double this recipe if more people than my family are eating it. It disappears so quick! It is definitely a crowd favorite.
Caramel Apple Dip
By August 18, 2013
This dip is so simple to make, whips up in minutes and tastes absolutely incredible! The perfect fall treat or dessert appetizer!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 16 individually-wrapped caramels unwrapped
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt caramels with water, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Lastly, fold in caramel mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- Serve immediately with apple slices.