My kids LOVE their apple slices, as do me and my husband. We find ourselves sitting down to this fruit at snack time more often than not. I was browsing my grandmas cookbook the other day and stumbled upon this recipe for Caramel Apple Dip. I decided to put the recipe to the test and it turned out absolutely fantastic. My husband raved about how yummy it was. But who wouldn’t love a little sugar and caramel smeared on their apple?! I am not complaining one bit :)
Note: I usually double this recipe if more people than my family are eating it. It disappears so quick! It is definitely a crowd favorite.
- 16 individually-wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- ¼ cup water
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt caramels with water, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Lastly, fold in caramel mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- Serve immediately with apple slices.