Sometimes you happen across a recipe that you personally feel is “The Best.” I do not take this term lightly. Typically when I deem something to be “the best” it has been compared to others and has triumphed. This banana bread recipe is just that. I adapted a recipe I found at AllRecipes because I love the flavor of brown sugar and vanilla and felt these two ingredients could really jazz up the original recipe.
The flavor of the dough (yes I could eat it by the spoonful) and bread is insanely delicious and the bread is so moist and has the perfect texture. I ALWAYS have bananas that have reached a point of sweetness that my kiddos will no longer eat them plain and need a recipe to be used up within. Banana Bread has been made at my house often and I couldn’t believe there wasn’t already a recipe on my blog for one yet. I was a little shocked actually.
So here you have it, my favorite banana bread recipe. You will have to try it out and let me know what you think and how it compares to yours.
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and oil until well beaten together.
- Add in mashed bananas, both sugars and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and salt and mix in nicely, do not over mix.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 325 degrees F for about an hour. Check at an hour by doing the toothpick test. Bake longer as needed until cooked through.
(Recipe adapted from: AllRecipes)