This Toffee Banana Bread begins with the best banana bread base. It is filled with delicious toffee that melts and creates a layer of perfection. It is also topped with additional toffee for added flavor and texture. This recipe is absolutely delicious!
Banana Bread is my jam. I make it weekly and am obsessed with my BEST EVER BANANA BREAD! I have tried a gazillion recipes and trust me on this, you won’t want any other recipe after trying mine. It is THAT good.
As I was making banana bread a few weeks ago, I saw a bag of toffee bits in my pantry and knew that this combination was a must try. I adapted my best ever banana bread recipe and Oh. My. Gosh. This to die for! The toffee layer in the middle melts and creates the most incredible layer that pairs perfectly with the banana flavor.
Next time you have some brown bananas, give this recipe a go! It is absolutely AMAZING!
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and oil until well beaten together.
- Add in mashed bananas, both sugars and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and salt and mix in nicely, do not over mix.
- Pour ½ of the batter into greased loaf pan and sprinkle with about 1 cup toffee bits
- Pour remaining batter over the toffee bits.
- Sprinkle ½ cup toffee bits over the top of the banana batter.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about an hour. Check at an hour by doing the toothpick test. Bake longer as needed until cooked through.