S’mores Cookie Bars

First off… Thanks for all your support and to all my new followers! 300 FOLLOWERS as of yesterday.  I can’t even believe it! Thank you so much and be sure to enter the giveaway!I know I have been posting a lot of desserts lately, and I promise I have some dinner recipes coming, I just have to make some final tweeks on the directions.  But who doesn’t need another dessert recipe right?!and let me tell you…you will definitely want this one!  My hubby and I LOVED these bad boys! They are DELICIOUS! I came across this recipe a while ago, and knew it was right up my alley as far as desserts go!They are delicious when still just a little bit warm and gooey!

S’MORES COOKIE BARS
Found recipe on: Lovin’ From the Oven

1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2-4 king-sized milk chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s.  You might need more depending on the size of the king-sized bar.  Mine were smaller ones so I had to use 4.  Basically you need enough to cover and 8×8 pan)
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if necessary) to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick. Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles and laying them together).Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

Enjoy! You won’t be disappointed!

Linked up to these fabulous parties!
and linking here as wellPin It

Comments

Whoa — you're killing me here! Another great recipe for my chocolate 'needs' – thanks and congrats on 300 followers!

Wow those look incredibly good. I follow with gfc.I wanted to personally invite you to a new party link up I will be having at bacon time. You can find the PMS Party Mindie Style button on my blog to grab now for a reminder and to help spread the word. You will be able to link up anything. Hope to see you at the party.http://www.bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

What amazing smores cookie bars! I love smores! gloria

Those look amazing!!!

These are diet bars, right? :-)

Pfft, who needs dinner with desserts like these?!? I'm begging you to come link up some of your awesome recipes to my recipe linky/contest please!!!http://www.bigklittlea.com/2011/06/june-concours-dcusine.html~K

looks like good news travels fast! and i can totally see why. you sure throw out some amazing looking food! i'd eat these up with a spoon anyday of the week!

Those look amazing! Glad I found your blog.

Those look way yummy! I'll have to give them a try…I do Friday recipes on my blog. Check it out!Sandywww.twelvemakesadozen.blogspot.com

Hi Nikki. I'm your newest Follower. These recipes look amazingly delicious! Returning your visit from SomethingCreatedEveryday.blogspot.com.

Oh man, I don't get to do much camping, but this is perfect for when I get the craving for s'mores…

Yet another yummy recipe!! Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!Hope you have a great week!Jill @ Creating my way to Successhttp://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

I made these last summer and got rave reviews, so yummy! I also noticed your frozen strawberry dessert. My mom made that too growing up but I had totally forgotten about it. Great summer dessert to cool off with.

My sister makes S'mores bars and they are to die for! I am a follower! Come check out my site sometime!www.thegunnysack.com

Im your newest follower… these look amazing!

Thanks for the add Nikki! Your blog is lovely and you have many followers, wish I knew your secret! lolLook forward to future posts.Cheers,SLp.s. I have another blog which I now devote most of my time on, also food related, please check it out: lovelygreenlifestyle.com

Those look great! Maybe about the spaghetti dinner I can serve up this great dessert! Following…

CANNOT wait to try these! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! I'm your newest follower!craftysix.blogspot.com

These look divine! My sister just made "smores" in the microwave the other night, it was funny. But these look much better!Blessings and Happy Week!LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

These look totally yummy! Thanks for finding me @ CookLisaCook.blogspot.com and I'm looking forward to following along with you and seeing your recipes.

YUMMY!!! I love somores! I will have to give this recipe I try.I also have a blog, I would love for you to check it out and "follow" me.Thankshttp://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

These look awesome!! I can't wait to try it

These look AMAZING! I love s'mores!!!! Glad I found your blog

Mmm, those look so good!

How is it possible I've just now found your blog??!?! OMG these look amazing!!! THanks for the follow over at Always Just A Mom…very excited to be your newest follwer as well!!!Have a great week and I can't wait to try these!

Yum! These look SOOOO good!http://www.iheartmygluegun.com

Oh my! These look amazing!Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you back :o)-Daniellewww.flipflopreviews.blogspot.com

This sounds and looks great- can't wait to try it.

omg YUM! sounds sinful. i must make these before my pre-vacation diet starts :)

OH MY WORD these look GOOD! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, I'm following you back!

Wow, I'm drooling over here :) Hi! I'm following you from the Time-Out Tuesday hop. I hope you'll come follow me back at http://healthykidshappykids.blogspot.comThanks and Happy Tuesday!

Debbie Corbari says:

HOLY CRAP! Your blog is AWESOME! I gained 5 lbs just scrolling down to this post! Cookie SALAD? OMW…my family will LOVE YOU! lol!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am your newest follower!

sherri lynn says:

This looks SO good! I have been craving smores ALL day!

Chad and Mary Beth @ Nothing But Country says:

I love smores and its such a summery treat too.. YUM

Love your project!! And love that you shared your creation with our readers this week too.

Thanks for linking up at Nothing But Country Creative Creations Tuesday. You rock!!

Surf Jewels says:

These look yum, may have to make it.

Natalie says:

Wow. Just wow. Those are fabulous! Congrats on your followers! I've recently seen a huge jump too and it's so exciting! Your photos are great! Definitely a new follower!

ladybehindthecurtain.com says:

Those look amazing! They'll be perfect for the camping theme party I'm doing. Thanks!

PartyMom says:

Yum! Oooey-gooey goodness!

Something Swanky Cupcakes and Desserts says:

This looks amaaaaaaaaaaaazing. I'd love for you to link up to my Sweet Treats Party tomorrow. Hope to see you there :)
    Ashton

Valerie@Occasionally Crafty says:

Thanks for visiting my blog and following! I'm glad you did because I will be featuring these on my blog tomorrow for Three Things Thursday. Stop on by and grab a featured button if you like!

Valerie- http://www.occasionallycrafty.blogspot.com

Kristin says:

eep! i'm making these immediately! :D

thanks so much for linking up to mangia mondays!

-kristin

These look delicious! Thank you for sharing, can't wait to try making them! Also thank you so much for following my blog, I'm a follower of your's now too!

Desire Empire says:

I love this blog. The recipes look lovely and its layout is gorgeous
    Best Carolyn

shopannies says:

these sound awesome so yummy perfect for grilling weather come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Bec@littlelucylu says:

I am SO making these soon!!! YUM!!! :-)

Kimberly from "bugaboo" says:

They look super yummy! I'll have to try them out!
    Would love for you to link these to my summer long party!

"Life's a Picnic!" party!

Hi! I found you from Little Lucy Lu's fun day friday! I am so excited to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

clutterholic says:

Ooh these sound yummy! I think my Girl Scout troop would love to make these together to take camping. Thanks!

Katie @ This Chick Cooks says:

Those look so so good! I think I could eat a tray all by myself :) Thanks for sharing your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight. Have a great weekend!
    Katie

Junker Newbie Stephanie says:

Hi — visiting from Tatertots & Jello linky.

These look amazing! Smores are still one of my favorite things about camping. I'm going to add this to my list of recipes to try this summer! thanks

Um WOW!!! This recipe looks amazing!! I have already brushed my teeth and am in bed, but I really want a treat now:)! thanks you for following my blog, and the GFC is working at the moment and I am your newest follower!
    Happy cooking and creating!
    Beth
    huberhang.blogspot.com

Downing Delectables says:

These look really good. I will have to try this. Stopping by from Sweet as Sugar Cookies.

Lark (SparkyLarky) says:

These look sinful!

come join in on Made it on Monday…a weekly recipe link I host on my blog.

*Link ups are every WED.-SAT*

I hope to see you & some of your recipes soon. :0)

Lark (SparkyLarky) says:

These look sinful!

come join in on Made it on Monday…a weekly recipe link I host on my blog.

*Link ups are every WED.-SAT*

I hope to see you & some of your recipes soon. :0)

Kim McCallie says:

These look delicious! I love anything that is S'mores related. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

Yummy, Yummy!! I will so be making these! Thanks for linking this week's Catch a Glimpse party.

Hi!I would love for you to come and link up at A Themed Baker’s Sunday, where this week is a sweet theme: Random! Yep, Whatever sweety deliciousness you made this week, you can post!http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/06/themed-bakers-sunday-9.htmlAlyssa

Yumm! S'mores are taking over this year, and it is a wonderful sight. 864cookies.blogspot.com

oh yum!! This looks great! Thanks for linking this up to savory sunday!!

Mmmm…looks like the absolute perfect ratio of cookie to chocolate to marshmallow. Utterly delightful!

Just wanted to thank you for linking up on Whisking Wednesdays last week and let you know I featured your recipe this week. It looked amazing! Hope to see you back again this week! I tell you I think I want to make just about everything on your blog, it all looks soooo good!http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/06/whisking-wednesdays-7.html

allison @ itstoilegood.blogspot.com says:

Just when you think a smore couldn't be better – it becomes a cookie bar! Those look amazing and I SO wish we were neighbors so I could steal one! Thank you for linking up to WWWW!

{nifty thrifty things} says:

Hmm.. These looks so good!
    Thank you so much for linking this up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

Looks so good, it makes me want to cry! Many many thanks from a sweets lover!!

___
    International call

Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe with us. These Smores bars are to die for. I hope you will come over tomorrow and share more of your delicious recipes with us at Cast Party Wednesday. http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.comI hope to see you there!

I did it! I made them and you were right… they didn't disappoint! I just blogged about them and made sure to link back to you for the recipe! Thanks for sharing! http://aturtleslifeforme.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-brownies-bring-all-neighbors-to-yard.html

Christie says:

Okay those look amazing! I think I might have to make those bad boys myself!

I made these last night – so good!!!

It's sinful how good these are!!!!

ALSO I AM FOLLOWING YOU ON PINTEREST!AND LETS BE FRIENDS

They are currently in the oven! Making them for my Pixar Double Feature Night!