Is the zucchini in your garden growing like crazy yet?! I am always looking for ways to use some of it up and what is better than being able to sneak some into your desserts. Brownies happen to be my favorite dessert and I couldn’t wait to try out a recipe with zucchini in it. This recipe is absolutely wonderful.
These Zucchini Brownies are rich, moist and super delicious! I stumbled across this recipe first on AllRecipes, but when I made them they turned out rather dry. The addition of the egg really helps complete the recipe and make the texture perfect. Don’t be freaked out by zucchinis in your brownies. Really. They are so good. If you don’t believe me, try them out and see for yourself :)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine oil, sugar, vanilla together in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Add egg and beat in until well blended. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and stir until well combined. Stir in zucchini. Batter will be on the drier side. Don't panic, the moisture from the zucchini will come out while baking and moisten it up perfectly. Pour and spread out evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes until done.
- Melt together butter, milk and cocoa in a medium microwave safe bowl for 1-2 minutes until butter is melted and mixture is warm. Stir together. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies.
(recipe slightly adapted from AllRecipes)