Sorry for the pause in posts the last couple days. Normally I post nearly everyday, but I went on a little weekend getaway this weekend and didn’t have a good internet connection to get something up and ready for you. Have no fear though, I am here again and can’t wait to share today’s recipe with you!
This is my grandma’s recipe for Potato Rolls, and let me tell you, they are amazing!
There are mashed potatoes IN the recipe itself! The mashed potatoes make these rolls so soft and delicious!
These rolls make a great side dish and can be made into a recipe that I will be sharing with you soon enough :) Be on the look out for it!
Until then- make these dinner rolls if you get a chance! They are fairly simple to make and truly can’t compare in their softness to most all other dinner rolls!
- 1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (on the runny side)
- 6½ to 7 cups flour
- In a kitchen aid stand mixer, dissolve yeast in the warm water and sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of sugar over the top.
- Once yeast has proofed, add oil, sugar, salt, egg and mix well.
- Add mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Beat dough dough down and dump onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough into 24 balls and roll unil smooth and place onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 16 to 18 minutes.