This Taco Pasta Casserole is loaded with flavor and delicious ingredients. It is creamy, cheesy and hearty. It is packed with beef, vegetables and a great blend of seasonings that combine to make it an extraordinary meal that the whole family will love!
I love meals that my whole family approves of. With 4 kids, making a meal that receives high praises all around the dinner table is hard. However, all of my kids gobbled up this meal and even asked for seconds!
This meal is loaded with delicious flavor and yummy ingredients. I can almost always count on my kids loving pasta. It seems to be a universally accepted ingredient in my home. I love to experiment and find ways to change up how I flavor it. This is a perfect blend of mexican food combined with pasta. I know you will love this recipe as much as we do :)
- 1 pound cooked cellentani pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 4½ cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1½ Tablespoons ranch seasoning mix
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2½ cups cheddar cheese, divided
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the ground beef until almost cooked and then add the chopped red pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Cook until meat is cooked through completely.
- Drain off the fat and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add flour to make a roux and cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk, taco and ranch seasoning. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- In a large mixing bowl combine pasta, ground beef, sauce, and corn.
- Stir in 2 cups of cheese and then spoon the casserole into prepared baking dish.
- With a large wooden spoon mix until everything is incorporated.
- Sprinkle casserole with remaining cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until heated all the way through.