I love me a delicious pasta dish. Pasta dishes are both filling and easy to change up to your liking. This recipe is definitely a new favorite. It is jam packed with delicious flavor.
Sun-Dried tomatoes are like heaven to me. Combine them with spinach and it is perfection. One of my favorite snacks to this day is a bowl of freshly made sun-dried tomatoes and sautéed spinach. Due to time, this recipe took a short cut on both of those methods, but still tastes fantastic. Added to a creamy rich Alfredo sauce, this Spinach and Sun-Dried tomato is a tasty and unique way to change up your typical pasta dishes. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as my family did!
- 1 lb pasta shells
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups half and half
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drain oil and chop
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- Cook pasta shells according to pasta directions. Once cooked set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan, add flour and stir to combine to form a roux.
- Once you have your roux, add half and half (or milk) slowly and stir constantly until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in Garlic salt and onion powder until well combined.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir in well.
- Add Sun-dried tomatoes and spinach to sauce and stir to evenly incorporate.
- Pour sauce over drained pasta shells and gently stir until all the shells are well coated.