I love this Poppy Seed Bread recipe. I grew up this recipe and have been in love with it since I was a little kid. This is another one of those family favorite recipes that is stored away in my grandma’s cookbook she gave each of us grandkids and is one that is highlighted, starred and bookmarked.
The flavor and texture of this Poppy Seed Bread is perfect. It is super easy to make and is a crowd favorite. You will LOVE it!
- 2½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⅛ cups oil
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 tsp. butter extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 3 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. butter extract
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- Whisk sugar and eggs together in a large bowl.
- Add oil and milk and whisk until well blended.
- Add butter, vanilla, almond extracts and poppy seeds and whisk until well incorporated.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder and whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour into 2 greased (9x5 inch) bread pans or 5 greased mini bread pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes or until done. Test with toothpick in center for doneness.
- To make glaze: Combine sugar, orange juice, butter, vanilla and almond extracts into a medium sauce pan. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil. Once a boil has been reached, poke holes in the top of bread loaves with a fork and drizzle and evenly distribute glaze over the tops.