Mississippi Mud Brownies are one of my favorites here on the blog. I need to update that old picture for sure. I did those back when I first started the blog and needless to say the picture is at night with flash photography… not the most flattering picture of them. Not that my photos are professional now by any means, but it is amazing how far some practice will get you :)
So with my love for these amazing brownies, I thought it was high time I posted a cookie version. These Mississippi Mud Cookies are SO simple. Almost a little TOO easy! They are so soft and the marshmallows, pecans and chocolate frosting are the perfect way to top a cookie if you ask me :)
If you are in need of a new fun and tasty cookie for your cookie exchange, this is a great one to try!
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake mix, dry not prepared
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, butter and eggs until well blended.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes. Don't over bake.
- Remove from oven, Leave cookies on cookie sheet and top with mini marshmallows and chopped pecans. Return to oven and make 2 additional minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring milk and butter to a boil. Add in cocoa, vanilla, salt and powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Drizzle frosting over cookies.