These Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars are outstanding. No more rolling each ball of dough individually- this recipe turns a time consuming recipe into an easy, quick method. Enjoy the delicious snickerdoodles in bar form. A delicious blend of cinnamon-sugar coat the top of the moist and soft cookie bars. This will be a recipe you want to make over and over again!
This is my absolute favorite time of year. I love the beautiful colors outside and the crisp cool air. I also love all the baked goods and delicious smells that accompany them filling my house. Cookies are one of my most regularly baked recipes in my kitchen. Snickerdoodles happen to be a favorite of my family. I the cinnamon/sugar flavor and how it coats the cookies perfectly.
This recipe makes snickerdoodles SO EASY!
HOW TO MAKE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE BARS:
- Simply pour all the dough in a pan and press evenly over pan.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar evenly over top.
- Cut into bars of desired size
The ingredient line up is few and simple. Cream of Tartar is an ingredient must for snickerdoodles. It provides chew and tanginess and works as a leavening agent for the cookie.
Once you try the ease of this recipe, there is no going back to rolling each individual ball and rolling each ball in cinnamon sugar. This cuts the time without cutting into flavor. You should definitely give these a try!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tarter
- 3 cups flour
- ⅛ cup cinnamon/sugar blend, I use McCormick's cinnamon sugar blend but you can make your own
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add salt, baking soda, cream of tarter, and flour and mix until just blended.
- Spray a 10x15 inch pan with cooking spray. Press dough evenly over pan.
- Sprinkle with cinamon/sugar and bake for 18 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Cool, cut and serve.