I LOVE my slow cooker this time of year…. well any time of year really. Here are my top 3 reasons why I love my slow cooker…
1. It doesn’t heat up your house
2. It is PERFECT for busy schedules. Just let it do all the work for you.
3. It makes your house smell amazing all day long!
My life has slowly be transitioning into the “taxi parent” phase of life. Between school, sports, dance, appointments, you name it- sometimes I feel like I should just set up camp in my van. Some days, it seems I spend more hours in my van than anywhere else haha!
This is one reason my slow cooker has been my best friend this school year.
This recipe was inspired by this Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken, but has more of a little hawaiian flare to it. The end result was tender, delicious pork that is perfect in between a bun with some grilled pineapple or really however you want to use it!
If you need a quick, easy, yummy dinner, give this one a try!
- 2 to 3 pounds pork roast
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 15 ounce can crushed pineapple
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and place roast in the bottom. In a small bowl combine diced onion, garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame seeds, pineapple and red pepper flakes. Mix well and pour over the roast.
- Cook on LOW for about eight hours until pork is completely cooked through.
- Remove roast and place in a large bowl. Mix cornstarch and water together in a small bowl and slowly pour into the liquid remaining in the slow cooker. Stir until it is well incorporated and cover with the lid.
- With two forks pull the pork until it is all shredded. Return meat to the slow cooker and stir in with the sauce. You can serve this over rice or in a sandwhich with a slice of grilled pineapple.