These Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Tacos are so simple and the flavor is outstanding. This meal has a minimal list of ingredients and is quick and tastes like restaurant quality.
I LOVE quick and easy meals and these Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Tacos are exactly that! Not only are they simple, but the flavor is absolutely fantastic.
They cook in a slow cooker and then are transferred to a skillet to get the shredded chicken a little crisper.
My whole family LOVED these tacos. They are perfect for those busy days and will definitely become a new staple in your home.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 7 ounce can chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 Tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and place chicken on the bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour the can of chipotles over the chicken. Add the garlic and salt and cover. Cook for 3 to 4 hours on high.
- In a small bowl mix together honey and lime juice
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and place in skillet. Pour honey mixture over the chicken and gently shred chicken. You can add some of the sauce back in from the slow cooker if you want more heat to your tacos.
- Cook for 2 minutes over medium high heat.
- Serve with corn or four tortilla and any topping you like.