A delicious creamy frosting with that resembles a root beer float! This is the perfect summertime frosting!
Summertime is almost here and as I was brainstorming some fun and delicious summertime treats for all of you, this Root Beer Float Frosting came to mind and I am so glad it did!
This frosting is so smooth and creamy and the root beer flavoring really gives it such a unique and special flavor.
This would be a fantastic frosting to spread on top of cake or cookies. Give it a try! If you love root beer floats, you will LOVE this frosting! It is truly extraordinary!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4½ to 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon root beer extract
- 5 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk, I prefer heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, root beer extract, cream/milk and salt and beat for 5 to 7 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add more powdered sugar as needed for thicker frosting. Add cream/milk, a little at a time, to thin frosting.