This Overnight Raspberry Creme Brûlée French Toast is super easy! All the prep work is done the night before and it is coated in a sweet raspberry egg mixture and has a delicious crispy sugar topping that knocks it out of the park! This is a MUST TRY!
Mother’s Day is this sunday. I love this holiday because I love any chance I get to celebrate my mom. She is such a rock and light in my life and one of my best friends. I would not be where or who I am today without her.
Sometimes as mother’s we have to cook our own breakfast on this special day. Not always- but sometimes. If that is the case for myself, overnight casseroles are the way I go. That way, I can still sleep in an my husband can pop it in the oven in the morning for me ;)
Really though, overnight casseroles are perfect for any occasion. It simplifies workload and they taste really good. This one is extra special though, it is made creme brûlée style and it is FABULOUS! That brown sugar topping is just outrageously delicious! It also has raspberries in the egg batter giving it a fresh and tart flavor.
This recipe was a HUGE hit! I can’t wait to make it again!
- 18 slices of French Bread, 1 inch thick
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 5 eggs
- 1½ cups half-and-half cream
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raspberries, chopped and patted with paper towel to remove excess juice
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup over medium heat until smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture onto large, greased baking pan (18x13x1"). Spread around to cover surface.
- Place bread in a single layer over brown sugar mixture to cover pan. The more squished the better.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, cream, brown sugar, salt and vanilla. Stir in raspberries. Spoon mixture evenly over each piece of bread, coating well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from pan, flip the french toast over so the brown sugar side is side up and serve.
- If not serving immediately, turn each slice of bread over (this will prevent bread from sticking to the bottom of the pan).
- Serve with whip cream