Oreo sent me their new Oreo Flavors a week or two before they hit the shelves. One of these new flavors is their Marshmallow Crispy Oreos. Oh my gosh. DELISH! Seriously, if you haven’t tried this new flavor yet, I highly recommend doing so.
After sampling it, I knew I wanted to create my own Rice Krispie Treat Frosting…. The end result was amazing! After making it, I googled it to see if it had been done before and noticed my friend Julianne from Beyond Frosting made her own version as well! I love to give blogger love wherever I can and even though I didn’t get the recipe from her, I want to give her a shout out as well :) Ours our also different. I incorporate some marshmallow creme in mine to add to that yummy marshmallow flavor as well as a few other slight changes.
I hope you love this as much as I did!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-4 Tbsp. milk, more or less depending on desired consistency
- 4 cups powdered sugar, more or less depending on desired consistency
- 5 Rice Krispie Treats, unwrapped from package and broken/crushed into little pieces. I used store bought Rice Krispie Treats, but you can also make your own.
- Cream butter in a large bowl.
- Add marshmallow creme, vanilla, milk and powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add more milk and/or powdered sugar to reach desired consistency.
- Add crushed Rice Krispie Treats and beat gently into frosting.
- Top cupcakes with frosting.