Philly Cheese Steak Cheese Ball… all the flavors you love from a popular sandwich, turned into one delicious and simple appetizer!
I LOVE Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches. I have had readers tell me that a true philly doesn’t have green peppers in it and others tell me it does. I prefer the green peppers for added flavor and textures, but if you are one who prefers it without, go ahead and leave them out :)
My husbands favorite type of appetizers are dips and cheese balls. I already have a recipe for Philly Cheese Steak Dip (which by the way is a MUST if you haven’t tried it already) and now I decided to transfer it into a cheese ball. The end result is fabulous!
This cheese ball combines all the favorite ingredients for the sandwich and combines them into one amazing appetizer!
Everyone who tried this cheese ball gave it rave reviews! If you are looking for a crowd pleasing recipe, definitely give this one a try!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup diced onion
- ¾ cup diced green bell pepper
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup thinly sliced cooked/grilled steak, cut into small bites
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup provolone cheese grated
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- In a medium skillet, heat oil and add onions and green pepper. Cook on medium high until tender. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, onion-green pepper mixture, steak and garlic powder. Stir in provolone cheese.
- Form a ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add Panko bread crumbs. Stirring constantly allow bread crumbs to become golden brown. Cool crumbs for 10 minutes and then roll the cheese ball in the crumbs.
- Serve with crackers or toasted baguette bread.