Who doesn’t love a good sugar cookie?! This particular recipe is my favorite sugar cookie recipe that I have tried.
Sugar Cookies are such a classic and a favorite of many people. Looking through my blog, I realized I haven’t really shared my favorite basic sugar cookie recipe, so that is happening today.
This recipe is delicious! I love that it has both vanilla and almond extracts. Almond extract is my favorite and it really provides a nice hint of flavor to these cookies.
The sooner you take them out of the oven, the chewier and softer your cookie will be, the longer the crispier they will be, so be sure and take note how you want them to be and judge accordingly. I prefer mine on the softer side so I take them out at the lower recommended about time in this recipe.
The Buttercream is PERFECT! Fluffy and delicious- just how you want it! You can also use your favorite cream cheese frosting to if you would like!
I hope you love these as much as we do!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 Tablespoon milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar, add more depending on personal preference
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream, add more or less depending on personal preference. You can also use milk instead.
- food coloring if you want to change up the color.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla and almond extract and mix well.
- Add milk and beat again.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Chill dough for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll dough about ¼ " thick onto a lightly floured surface. Cut your cookies using a cookie cutter and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 12 minutes depending on your preference for chewy versus crispy cookies.
- Frost cooled cookies.
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and heavy whipping cream and beat until smooth and creamy. Add more powdered sugar and/or heavy whipping cream as needed to achieve desired consistency.