These cookies are AMAZING and perfect for the holidays! They are soft and chewy with the perfect amount of peppermint. These will be one cookie you want to make over and over again!
Can you believe Christmas is next week?!?! I am overwhelmed with excitement! I got most of the Christmas shopping done yesterday. I still need to get a few things but it feels good to have the bulk of it done. We have also had a couple holiday parties with a few more before the big day gets here. These parties have all been filled with the most incredible desserts, particularly cookies.
Today I am sharing the perfect holiday cookie. These cookies are soft, chewy and absolutely delightful! They have the perfect amount of peppermint flavor and are sure to be a hit with whoever tries them!
If you are looking a delicious, easy and holiday filled cookie, give this one a try! They are truly fantastic!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 5 crushed candy canes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg and beat in well.
- Add peppermint extract and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Add salt, baking powder and flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Roll cookies into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Space cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden on the edges of cookies.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth glaze is formed. Drizzle as much as desired over slightly warmed cookies and let finish cooling completely before eating.