This chicken is packed with flavor and super easy to make! With delicious pesto, melty cheese and tasty tomatoes, this is sure to be a hit at the dinner table!
There have been a lot of sweets baking going on at my house for the holidays. I look forward to dinner time probably more than anyone in my family due to the fact I can’t wait to get something nutritions and salty in my system haha!
If you are looking for a new dinner idea, this is a great one to try! It is packed with flavor and is absolutely delicious!
It sort of reminds me of a caprese type of chicken as it contains basil pesto, tomatoes and mozzarella. These flavors fuse together beautifully to make for one tasty meal.
It was super simple to throw together and was a hit at our house!
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups pesto
- 6 slices of tomato
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine four, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet on a stovetop over medium high heat and add the olive oil. When olive oils has been heated, dredge chicken in flour mixture and place in skillet. Brown chicken for 1 minute per side and place in a baking dish.
- Pour pesto over chicken and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes depending on the size of your chicken breasts until chicken is done and cooked through.
- Uncover when chicken is done and place a tomato slice on the top of each chicken breast. Place a slice of mozzarella cheese over the tomato. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted.