Pears and I have an funny history together. Story time.
Once upon a time, when I was the young age of 10, my mom flew out of town for a family trip. My dad had to work late so we were having dinner at a neighbors house. My mom never really ever served us pear halves before and I honestly had no idea what they looked like. When our neighbor brought out the pear halves on a plate I was startled. Me and my 8 year old sister looked at each other a little nervously. I looked up at my neighbor and quietly asked, “Is this raw chicken?” Everyone at the dinner table (besides my sister who genuinely had the same question) laughed hysterically. Lesson learned, it was pear halves :) Second lesson learned, I really loved pears.
This Pear Upside Down Cake is fantastic! It melts in your mouth and is a beautiful presentation! If you are looking for a quick, easy and delicious dessert, give this one a try! You will be amazed by how great it is!
- 1 spice cake, eggs, oil and water as needed
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 to 3 pears, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake batter as directed.
- Pour butter into a 10" round pan and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Arrange sliced pears over the brown sugar and then pour cake batter over the top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let cake sit for 2 minutes and flip cake carefully onto a cake stand.