I am officially back and ready to share some incredible recipes with you. I am so grateful to have such amazing blog friends who shared some yummy recipes with you while I was able to take some time off with my new baby! During my time off, I have been able to make and create several delicious recipes that I am so excited to share with you, starting with today’s!
This recipe is a perfect summer dessert. It is light, refreshing and super easy to make. Plus, you don’t have to turn on your oven! The recipe comes from my grandma and was a childhood favorite of my mom’s, mine and now my children’s. Whenever I make it, I find myself sneaking a piece constantly throughout the day. I am not normally a fruity-dessert kind of girl- in fact, the more chocolate the better is typically my motto when it comes to desserts. However, this dessert is easily one of my favorites and that should tell you something as far as how yummy it is!
Give this recipe a try for your next summer gathering! Everyone will be asking you for the recipe!
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 11 oz. box Nilla Wafers, finely crushed
- 1.5 quart sherbet, softened
- Beat the whipping cream with the sugar and vanilla until fairly stiff.
- In medium bowl, combine 1 cup of the whipped whipping cream with the crushed Nilla Wafers, (reserving 1 cup of the Nilla Wafer crumbs for the top).
- Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass pan and press the cookie crust mixture on the bottom.
- Spread softened sherbert over the top evenly.
- Spread remaining whipped whipping cream over sherbet.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs over the top and freeze.
- Let set in freezer at least 3 hours before serving.