A delicious silky smooth chocolate mousse filling with a Oreo cookie crust and topped with sweetened whipped cream. This is truly a magnificent pie!
I am SO excited it is Memorial Day weekend! My family always gets together for a delicious BBQ. How can you go wrong with good food and good company?!
Without a doubt, one or two glorious pies are always in attendance and this particular pie is one of my personal favorites!
It is a No Bake pie with a silky smooth chocolate mousse filling and a sweetened whipped cream topping. The Oreo crust provides a nice flavor and texture.
Everyone who tries this pie has nothing but the highest praises for it. It is truly a chocolate lover’s dream dessert.
It is not to late to whip up this delicious pie as it comes together in no time at all. This would be the PERFECT addition to your Memorial Day gatherings tomorrow :)
I hope you all have a safe and wonderful Memorial Day :)
- 21 Oreo cookies, crushed in a food processor
- 4 Tablespoon melted butter
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix cookie crumbs together in mixing bowl and press into a 9 inch pie pan.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water. Let stand for 1 minute. Add boiling water to gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sugar, cocoa, whipping cream and vanilla. Beat for about 5 minutes until mixture becomes thickened. Add gelatin mixture and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon mousse into Oreo crust.
- In a small mixing bowl beat whipping cream for about a minute.
- Add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add vanilla and beat again.
- Spoon whipping cream over the top of the pie.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.