Orange and Cranberry are such wonderful flavors, especially during the winter and holiday months.
I recently made a Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake that has been tried by many of you wonderful readers. It continues to win countless rave reviews for its delicious flavor and moistness. One of my Facebook viewers suggested doing an orange and cranberry version and I could not pass that idea up!
This cake is bursting with delicious flavor! The cranberries bring a tartness that provides a balance with the sweet. We absolutely loved this pound cake!
This cake makes for a delicious neighbor gift or tasty holiday treat! It is sure to be a hit!
- 1 cup butter
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2½ cups fresh cranberries
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and orange zest together for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat an addition minute per egg.
- Add vanilla and mix in.
- In a separate large bowl, mix and combine dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients alternatively with the buttermilk to the butter/sugar/orange zest/egg mixture. Fold in cranberries.
- Grease and flour either 2 large bread pans or 3 small bread pans.
- Pour batter and bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 min.
- Let loaves cool and pour glaze over them.
- Whisk glaze ingredients together until smooth.