Sorry for the absence this weekend :) I have been enjoying my time at SNAP conference and have been a little pre-occupied learning some amazing things for this crazy and fun blogging journey. Have no fear though, I am back and ready to get this week kicked off with some flavor ;-)
I love these cute little quiches because they have a unique and tasty Mexican twist to them, and we all know by now how much I love my Mexican food. Topped with some sour cream and juicy tomato and my palate was in heaven! If you are looking for a change to your typical quiche recipe, definitely give this a try!
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ½ cups grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- Salsa or fresh tomatoes for topping
- sour cream for topping
- Combine spinach, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese in a medium bowl and stir well.
- Add eggs, milk, cumin, pepper and cilantro and stir into spinach mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a greased regular size muffin tin.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let sit for 5 minutes then serve with toppings and enjoy!
(recipe from: Better Home and Gardens Cooking for Today Vegetarian Recipes Cookbook)