This whole pregnancy, I have had a huge aversion to meat. Specifically big pieces of meat. It has been super frustrating for me to say the least because I haven’t been able to enjoy some of the foods that I typically love so much. Even the sight of it was enough to get my nausea rolling… that was until this meal.
My mom used to work at Sizzler once upon a time a very LONG time ago. One of her favorite dishes from Sizzler was their Malibu Chicken. She has since made it for our family time and time again. However, it had definitely been a while since the last time I had eaten this wonderful meal. Well, she made it for our Easter dinner and I could not stop eating it and told her she needed to write down the recipe immediately for me. It was the first thick piece of meat I have thoroughly enjoyed and gobbled up in my almost 37 weeks of pregnancy. I have had it for 2 dinners since. That is how much I LOVE this recipe. The dipping sauce compliments the chicken so wonderfully. You can all thank my amazing mom for this recipe… and trust me, you are not going to want to lose it! This has officially made it into my my TOP 5 FAVORITE Dinners of ALL TIME! That is saying something.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 5 egg yolks
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 thinly sliced peices of ham
- 4 slices of swiss cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Grey Poupon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine egg yolk and garlic and pour into plastic bag. Place chicken inside bag, seal shut making sure no extra air is inside, and make sure the chicken gets coated with egg yolk/garlic mixture. Place in fridge and marinate chicken for 4 hours.
- In a medium bowl, mix panko, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper and dump evenly in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Remove chicken from bag place chicken in baking dish. Coat the chicken with mixture and bake at 350 degrees F and depending on the size of your chicken breasts cook for 40 minutes to one hour or until chicken is cooked through. Monitor it starting at about 40 minutes.
- Place one slice of ham and once slice of swiss cheese over the top of each piece of chicken and bake addition two minutes until cheese is melted.
- Combine Grey Poupon mustard, may, yellow mustard and honey in a small bowl. Stir to make sure all ingredients are evenly combined. Use to dip chicken in.