Bacon, sour cream, cheese, chives and all your favorite baked potato toppings come together for one unforgettable side dish! This will become a family favorite!
Easter is just a couple weeks away. Having it so early this year is throwing me for a loop! Do you have your menu lined up yet? Let me tell you, these Loaded Scalloped Potatoes need to make it on the list! They are FABULOUS!!!
These potatoes have flavor packed into each and every bite and will quickly rise to a new family favorite!
This recipe is layer upon layer of incredible ingredients and will have everyone coming back for second, third and maybe even fourth helpings. My family could not get enough of this recipe and has already requested it again :) It will be the talk of the dinner table.
I promise you will absolutely go crazy over this delicious recipe!
- 8 cup Golden potatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 3 cups half and half
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2½ cups cheddar grated cheese
- 2 cups cooked and crumbled bacon
- ⅓ cup chopped chives
- In a large pot, boil thinly sliced potatoes in salted water for 8 to 10 minutes until potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Add half and half, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook until sauce comes to a low boil. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Then stir in the ½ cup cheddar cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with vegetable spray.
- Place ⅓ of the potatoes on the bottom of baking dish.
- Spoon ⅓ of the sauce over potatoes.
- Next sprinkle ⅓ of the 2 cups of the cheddar cheese over the sauce.
- Next sprinkle ⅓ of the bacon over the cheese.
- Next sprinkle ⅓ of the chives over the bacon.
- Repeat this process 2 more times.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove foil and return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve