School is out and the gatherings have begun! I feel like there is something going on almost once a week. With all these gatherings, I am trying to challenge myself with new recipe creations to please the masses. Thus these little beauties were born :)
These Loaded Baked Potato Skins make for a great appetizer! They are crispy and are extremely flavorful and a crowd favorite.
I used the insides to make some mashed potatoes so I got basically two recipes out of one :) The nice thing about the skins it makes for the perfect finger food. They aren’t filled so they are easy to take a bite out of and make for a beautiful presentation.
- 6 to 7 small potatoes, baked
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- Sour Cream to garnish
- To bake potatoes, poke holes with a fork in potato on each side.
- Bake potatoes at 400 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. (Do not cover with foil)
- Allow potatoes to cool for 15 minutes.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise and carefully scoop out the middles, leaving about an ⅛ of an inch of potato to help it keep it's shape.
- Brush both sides of the skins with butter, and lightly salt and pepper them.
- Return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle cheese and bacon over the top and return to the oven for 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with sour cream and green onions.