Hi Everyone! Does your family love donuts as much as we do? If so, I’ve got the perfect donut recipe for you today. A baked version that is beyond satisfying and sure to crush your donut cravings. My favorite breakfast pastry that’s ready in 30 minutes or less – does it get any better than that? Also, this is a small batch recipe. I took one of my trusty donut recipes and scaled it down to make exactly 6 donuts. Since donuts usually don’t keep very well, I’ve always wanted to whip up a recipe that feeds a small family or just a couple of friends without having to worry about leftovers.
I also wanted to combine two of the best breakfast foods into one – Donuts and Coffee Cake. If you’re a big fan of either of both of these as well, then you will absolutely adore this fun twist.
I kept things simple yet absolutely delicious with vanilla cake donuts and went extra heavy on the crumb topping. Piling it as high as I possibly could and making sure that none of the donut batter in the pan could be spotted.
As soon as they came out of the oven, I drizzled each donut with a good amount of glaze and dug right in. I just couldn’t help myself.
If you are looking to spoil your family with a special breakfast treat, look no further. These donuts definitely have got you covered.
Hope you enjoy!
- For the Crumb Topping:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For the Doughnuts:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Glaze:
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- ½ tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare the crumb topping by melting the butter in a heatproof bowl. Stir in brown sugar, flour and ground cinnamon until coarse crumbs form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream together sugar, egg, and melted butter. Add milk and vanilla extract.
- Once wet ingredients are combined, slowly add dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Spoon batter into a medium-sized Ziploc bag and seal. Cut off one corner of the bag and fill each doughnut cup ¾ full. Divide crumb topping equally between the 6 donuts. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 14-16 minutes or until donuts are slightly golden. Remove from oven and let rest in the doughnut pan for 5 minutes or until slightly cooled. Remove donuts and place on a wire rack.
- Next, make the glaze. Whisk together confectioner’s sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle desired amount over donuts and enjoy!
This recipe was created by contributor, Kathi, from Deliciously Yum
You can find Deliciously Yum at: