These Lemon Crinkle Cookies are perfect for a light, sweet and refreshing flavor. They are made from scratch and are so soft and delicious! This will become and instant new favorite!
It is officially springtime, for now anyways haha! Two weeks ago it was snowing and last week it hit in the high 70s if no the 80s. It was wonderful. School is wrapping up and summer break is right around the corner. My family is getting SO excited!
Warmer weather makes me crave lemon. To be honest, I used to hate lemon desserts. Partially because I never tried them because the chocolate ones always appealed to me more. Once I created these Best Ever Lemon Cookies and this Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake, I have been fully converted to the lemon side of desserts.
These Lemon Crinkle Cookies are spectacular! They are soft, sweet, light and refreshing all at the same time. Everyone went crazy over them! If you are looking for that perfect spring time treat…. or a treat for anytime really… give these a go! They are going to become a new favorite!
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 2¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- yellow food coloring if desired
- ¾ cup powdered sugar, to roll dough in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and beat until creamy.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest and beat again.
- Add yellow food coloring if desired and mix in.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until blended. (Do not over mix.)
- Refrigerate for ½ an hour.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and then roll into powdered sugar.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.