Happy Mothers Day today :) Today’s recipe comes from my mother which is why I am so excited to share it with you!
These Lemon Cookies are so delicious. I normally am not a huge lemon dessert person… I know, crazy, right?! However, these cookies have the perfect hint of lemon to bring you a refreshing and flavorful bite each and every time.
My mom is the one responsible behind this recipe and I can’t get enough of them. I personally ate like 4 of these cookies in one sitting. I wish I were kidding. These cookies are soft and chewy and are topped with a light lemon glaze that completes the recipe. If you like lemon, heck- if you are like me and not lemon-crazy, you have to make these! You will love them and they are perfect for the spring and summer seasons with their fresh taste!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg and beat in well.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Add salt, baking powder and flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Roll cookies into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Space cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden on the edges of cookies.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth glaze is formed. Drizzle as much as desired over slightly warmed cookies and let finish cooling completely before eating.