Lemon Blueberry Crumble Bars
These Lemon Blueberry Crumble Bars are sweet, tart and have a delightful texture. They are soft and gooey on the inside and have a crisp crumble topping that balances everything out.
Can you even believe it’s August? I feel like this year is zooming by. We have had so many fun get togethers with friends and family this summer. I love when friends feel like family and family is your best friends.
With all these great gatherings, dessert is a must! These Lemon Blueberry Crumble Bars are SO easy and perfect for bringing just about anywhere. These are sweet and tart and have a perfectly balanced texture combination. The lemon and blueberry compliment one another beautifully. This is a timeless treat that is great anytime of year. It provides a zesty freshness to each and every bite. These will be a hit wherever they go!
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1½ Tablespoon lemon zest
- ¾ cup cold water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3½ Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ cups old fashion oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries, lemon zest, water, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil stirring constantly. Cook until thickened. This usually takes about 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Add flour and oats, mix well. Dough will be crumbly.
- Set 2 cups of the mixture aside for the top.
- Press the remaining dough evenly onto the bottom of the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread lemon blueberry filling evenly over the top of bottom crust.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbles evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares and serve.
Leave a Comment