These Homemade Bagel Bites are a great quick and easy lunch, dinner or after school snack. They throw together so easy and are fun for all ages to make and enjoy!
Growing up, Bagel Bites were always a hit with me and my siblings. I feel like they were a staple in the 90s for most families.
This Homemade version is so fun to make with my kids. They get to create their own with personalized toppings and I am happy because its a more homemade version.
With school back in session, I absolutely LOVE to have after-school-snacks for my kids. I feel like kids are so much more inclined to talk about the details of their day when its freshly right after school and while they are discussing everything over a yummy snack.
These Homemade Bagel Bites are great as party appetizers, or for lunch, dinner, snacks, you name it!
- 1 dozen small bagels
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 package small pepperonis, either the circle or the cubed
- softened butter
- 15 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 3 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoons oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Combine all ingredients in sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Line cook sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Slice bagels and place on cookie sheet.
- Butter each bagel half and place baking sheet in oven and broil for a couple minutes until bagels toast up and start to brown. Watch closely as to not burn them. Remove from oven.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spoon sauce over the top and then sprinkle cheese over the sauce.
- Top with pepperonis.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.