These Korean Chicken Skewers make for an easy and tasty meal. Delicious marinated chicken is grilled to perfection with a refreshing flavor.
I loved grilled recipes regardless of the temperature, but summer is definitely my favorite time to bust it out. I don’t have to heat up my house and they make for easy, quick and delicious meals on busy summer nights.
I found this recipe over at Closet Cooking and couldn’t wait to try it out. I changed up some of the quantities to my personal preference and my whole family loved it! If you are looking for a fun new flavor to bring to the grill, give these Korean Chicken Skewers a try! It has such a light and fresh flavor to it and it is sure to be a huge hit!
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch bites
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tablespoons grated ginger
- ¾ cup onion, finely minced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine garlic, ginger, onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, green onion, salt and pepper in a freezer bag. Mix well and add the chicken. Marinate for 2 hours.
- Skewer the chicken on the wet skewer.
- With a strainer pour remaining marinade into a small sauce pan bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook on low for about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Placed chicken skewers on grill and cook about 5 minutes per side, until cooked through, Basting the chicken with glaze as you turn them.