Jalapeño Corn Bread
I adore corn bread. On a colder day, which we have had a few of this past week, there is nothing more comforting than a bowl of soup, chili and/or corn bread.
This is a great spin to traditional corn bread. It has a kick of heat from the jalapeños, but don’t worry, even this spicy whimp can handle it! It is actually a perfect compliment to the corn bread!
If you are looking for a great side dish to serve to your company, crowd or for a colder day, then look no further! You will love this one!
- ⅔ cup softened butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1¾ cups buttermilk
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1⅓ cups flour
- 4½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped jalapenos
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup colby jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and buttermilk and beat again.
- In a separate bowl mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just blended. (Do not over mix.)
- Stir in jalapenos, corn, and cheese.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes. Insert a toothpick to test if it is done. It is done when the toothpick comes out clean.
Averie @ Averie Cooks
I love that you added jalepenos. This looks like great cornbread, Nikki! Pinned :) Have a great start to your week!
I love corn bread too. Thanks for the recipe. Pinned :)
looks delicious! I need to try this next time I make chili!
I love that you added corn with the jalapenos. Looks delish!
I'm catering an event and I wanted to make this recipe because it looks delicious! However, I want to try to make as much as possible ahead of time. Do you think you can make the batter the night before and leave it uncooked in the fridge over night? Thanks for your help!
Thank you, this sought after corn bread recipe, will now be in my recipe box .treasured & with thanks, lol Lori
Leave a Comment