I adore corn bread. On a colder day, which we have had a few of this past week, there is nothing more comforting than a bowl of soup, chili and/or corn bread.
This is a great spin to traditional corn bread. It has a kick of heat from the jalapeños, but don’t worry, even this spicy whimp can handle it! It is actually a perfect compliment to the corn bread!
If you are looking for a great side dish to serve to your company, crowd or for a colder day, then look no further! You will love this one!
- ⅔ cup softened butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1¾ cups buttermilk
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1⅓ cups flour
- 4½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped jalapenos
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup colby jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and buttermilk and beat again.
- In a separate bowl mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just blended. (Do not over mix.)
- Stir in jalapenos, corn, and cheese.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes. Insert a toothpick to test if it is done. It is done when the toothpick comes out clean.