This Apple Streusel Pie is absolutely AMAZING! Take it from me- I am typically not a pie person, but I could not stop at just one slice! The flavor, texture and consistency is absolute perfection. And that Caramel Drizzle over top?… It is HEAVEN!
If you are looking for the perfect fall dessert, the perfect dessert to please a crowd or simply just a down right warm-the-soul, comforting recipe… This. Is. It!
You will be so glad you did! Serve it along side some ice cream and WOW! It will be the hit of the night!
- 1 pie crust (I used Pillsberry to save a step, you could also use half of this Pie Crust Recipe or your own personal favorite)
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples (I used half Granny Smith and half Gala)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter, cut in small cubes
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup oats
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sgar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons cold butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Peheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll dough into a 13 inch circle and transfer to a 10 inch pie pan, lightly sprayed with cooking spray, or cast iron skillet, lightly rubbed with oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine lime juice, lemon juice and orange juice over apples. Add brown and white sugar and mix together. Sprinkle cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt over apples and mix again. Stir in butter. Coat mixture with flour and spoon into pie crust.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the flour, oats, salt and brown sugar together. Cut the butter in with a pastry whisk or a fork. Sprinkle streusel over apple and bake for about 45 minutes at 375 degrees F or until apples are tender.
- While it is cooking make caramel topping.
- Heat milk and brown sugar together in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from stove and stir in butter and vanilla. Cool for five minutes and drizzle over pie when it comes out of the oven. Let sit for about 20 minutes before serving.