This recipe is one that comes from my grandma’s cookbook that she gives each grandchild when they graduate high school. I have had mine for quite a few years now and am slowly picking out my favorites. This happens to be one of them. Every time I have made this for a party or an event with a lot of people, everyone always asks for this recipe. It looks and tastes like you put in a lot of work, but believe me when I tell you it whips up SO quick!It only has 3 ingredients with an optional 4th ingredient! It doesn’t get easier than that!
- approximately 22-24 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 pint of butterscotch caramel ice cream topping
- 12 oz. cool whip, thawed
- ¾ cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Unwrap and line bottom of 9" x 13" pan with approximately 11-12 ice cream sandwiches. Trim to make layer smooth and even.
- Spoon on and spread about ½ pint of butterscotch caramel ice cream topping.
- Spoon on and spread half of the cool whip.
- Repeat layers of ice cream sandwiches, butterscotch caramel topping, and cool whip.
- Sprinkle top with slivered almonds.
- Freeze until serving.