I love appetizers. Snack foods that are flavorful, addictive and satisfying.
And that is exactly what today’s recipe is.
I am sure all of us are familiar with mozzarella sticks. They are a classic appetizer that puts a smile on just about everyone’s face.
However, not all of us have tried them homemade. And that is a crying shame because they are SO much better this way. Trust me on this!
This cripsy batter is perfection. A mixture of bread crumbs and panko to make one flavorful and amazingly crisp outer shell coating some ooey gooey mozzarella cheese.
Oh yeah. It is a beautiful thing that will have your tastebuds doing a happy dance.
If you need an appetizer that will please your company, give this a try! You will be SO glad you did!
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 10 to 12 mozzarella sticks
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Panko crumbs
- Marinara sauce to dip
- Heat oil in a small pan over medium heat.
- In small bowl, whisk milk and eggs together.
- On a large plate mix breadcrumbs and Panko.
- Coat cheese sticks in flour and then dip into egg mixture. Next, dip cheese into breadcumb mixture. Dip once again into eggs and back into the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with each cheese stick.
- With tongs, carefully drop cheese into oil and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve with marinara sauce.